rutland ježek, law firm was again included in the reputable annual edition of the IFLR1000 (2018), the worldwide independent guide which lists leading financial law firms in the given region. Read more
rutland ježek, law firm based in the Czech Republic on a new important institute of the Czech Immigration law. Read more
Mojmír Ježek, partner of Czech law firm rutland ježek in the economic magazine Doing business in the Czech Republic 2017 with the article Forms of business activities in the Czech Republic Read more
Michal Dobiáš, attorney of Czech law firm rutland ježek in the economic magazine Doing business in the Czech Republic 2017 with the article Lease of business premises. Read more
Mojmír Ježek, partner of Czech law firm rutland ježek in the economic magazine Doing business in the Czech Republic 2017 with the article Legal news for entrepreneurs in 2016. Read more
Vojtěch Makovec, junior associate of Czech law firm rutland ježek in the economic magazine Doing business in the Czech Republic 2017 with the article Steps for acquiring a Czech trade licence. Read more
Intellectual Property & Competition Law
rutland ježek provides its clients with legal counseling in the area of intellectual property, with particular focus on copyright law and related rights, internet domain names, privacy and data protection, trademark registration and trademark disputes.
Our IP's practice is led by Mr. Michael Novák who has a significant experience in advising software and telecommunication companies. Mr. Michal Novák is supported by two junior associates, Mr. Petr Miroš and Mr. Michal Dobiáš.
Our fields of expertise are:
- Copyright and related rights: protection of collective works such as films, licensing, distribution, agency, contract manufacturer, endorsement and sponsorship, sale and other forms of disposal of IP rights, employee works issues, parallel imports, architectonic litigations
- Software and computer programs: development and protection, licensing agreements, mobile application and technology licensing agreement, software litigations
- Internet: copyright infringement, domain name disputes, website Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies, e-commerce law, Internet defamation, privacy and cloud computing matters, false advertising, spam law compliance, communication with webmasters
- Trademarks: registration of Czech and EU trademarks, their renewal, representing before Czech Industrial Property Office and OHIM, trademark disputes
- Unfair competition: misleading advertising, misleading marking goods and services, conduct contributing to mistaken identity, parasitic use of the reputation of competitor's enterprise, product or services, bribery, disparagement, comparative advertising, violation of trade secrets and endangering the health of consumers and the environment in the Czech Republic
- Franchising: franchise agreement and negotiation of franchise agreements on behalf of the franchisor and franchisee
- Protection of trade names and know - how, confidentiality agreements
In addition to the above-mentioned services, lawyers at rutland ježek provide the clients with corporate and commercial legal support, in particular, with respect to Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and representation of clients within the course of various contact negotiations. We also specialize in Czech competition law and advise our clients on how to apply competition law to protect themselves against unfair competition on the part of their competitors.